I was going to invite Jesus. He brings his own wine, has some great party tricks and tells great stories. He is a really nice bloke who stands up for his rights. He is the original sandal-wearing, long-haired hippie. Not a vegetarian though as he is very big on fish. With bread. Very full of peace and love. Wants us to love everyone. He is a lot more fun than people think.
Unfortunately he has his scarred hands full at the moment what with one thing and another, and now there is this latest plague to deal with. His Dad is very proud of him. “Well pleased” in fact.
Anyway the late Dowager Duchess of Devnshire has graciously agreed to fill in. She has been a big influence on me (Q11),and going back to my previous answer (Q2) saved the Chatsworth Estate from absolute ruin by making it commercial yet beautiful together with her husband, the Duke of Devonshire. They put on exhibitions of huge modern art in the gardens and had fabulous farm foods in their shop next to the cafe. The family continues to do a fabulous job.
My main interest at the moment is that she is/was a very lively American (one of three Mitford sisters), who made huge success of marrying into the British Aristocracy. Hopefully if Meghan turns up the Duchess will be the one person who can sort her out.
- You’ve been abducted by aliens, and they demand that you take them to your leader – who do you take them to?
- A. I have no leader. I take orders from no one.
- If there was a film made of your life story, which famous actor would you want to play you?
- Rene Zwellneggeer in Briget Jones character as the younger mee.. I know, it’s tragic!
- Maybe Mae West during my mid-life crises (sic). She had my boobs.
- In later life it would have to be Keeping Up Appearances tv series Mrs Bouquet/Bucket actress, Patricia Cornwell, according to LSS ( long suffering son).
- If you were trapped in a historical time (presumably your time machine has malfunctioned) what period would you be most likely to survive in?
A. Sadly, only the modern day. I am a Miracle of Modern Science.
- What is your favorite kind of weather and why?
- A.Snow – when viewed from 12,000 miles away in Australia, although I always get exited here when it finally rains. Snow makes everything beautiful.
- Chocolate or Caramel?
- A.Caramel. Best of all caramel In chocolate. This body was built on Mars Bars and McDonalds caramel sundaes.
- If you could turn into any mythical creature, which one would it be?
Why a white Eunicecorn, of course!
My Questions for My Nominees:
Why do owners of Health Food shops never look healthy?
2. What meal would you cook for the Queen?
3. Have you ever gone somewhere wearing odd shoes?
4. If they let you play for one night in a heavy metal band, which would it be.
5. Are eyes important to you and why?
6. What item goes everywhere with you?
7. What do you write using?
8. Do you go all misty at the sight of an old-fashined typewriter?
9. Does your blog rule your life?
10. What country are you currently in?
11. What country would you like to be in?