- Im having a few technical issues with the formatting using my new iPhone and, due to impaired vision (only see parts of words so cannot use html but Im having fun with this so please make allowances. X
- If you could rule one of these five fictional/mythical lands: the Galaxy of Star Wars, King Arthur’s Britain, Westeros, Middle-Earth or Discworld – which one would it be and why?
FIRST DRAFT: One train of thought. Well none, sorry. All too tense, too violent, too nerve wracking. Despite Karen Ractliffe’s extreme knowledge, I couldn’t get into either Harry Potter or the Hobbits. Lost interest in Star Wars after the first two movies, and years of tripping over Star Wars toys , followed by standing on sharp pieces of Star Wars Lego.
Iam constantly muttering‘Beam me up Scottie’ in various situations but Star Trek does not feature here, and I lost interest in that. But then I am of the generation that watched the first moon landing live as it happened.
Too many sharp objects in King Arthurs Britain, especially axes. I have been past two believed sites of his kingdom, and nope,dont fancy all that armour-clanking and in-fighting.
Know nothing of Westeros or Discworld. Im a Viking/Norman conquering descendent, and once we invaded raped and pillaged, we settled down among the locals, drank each other’s beers, and adopted the best bits of the lifestyle.
Dont even want to rule a fairy village. Always having to fight gremlins and wicked elves. Been there, done that. Survived with minimal battle scars. No, correction, quite a lot of battle scars actually but an equal amount of trophies and scalps.
My motto is ‘Dont mess with this mother’ and my theme song is Elton John’s ‘I’m Still Standing‘.
No I have ruled my little empires fairly and justly. Now I am one of The Wise Ones.
Let someone else deal with the truculent populace. If they had listened to me global warming would not have happened.
There is no joy in being a ruler. Let them get on with it. I will sit over here and tell them where they are going wrong. Usually by one of my famous letters containing constructive advice.
Want to see my nice replies from The Queen, State Premiers, etc.? You dont have to rule to make change. You have to offer solutions.
- If you had the powers of a god, what would you do with them?. First move: Give myself a painless facelift from the ankles up and cover my beautiful self with flowing silk and velvet garments in which to smile benignly upon an adoring and loving people.
- Change the mindset of employers and company directors back towards worker welfare and conditions. All companies making 20 percent profit must put the next ten percent into the community before keeping the rest. Think Cadburys Bourneville, Bairnswear in Worksop (before the Courtauld takeover). And that Scottish guy who provided libraries all over the world, thus educating freely so many people.
- Wipe all coal mines off the face of the earth and restore the land to its beauty.
- Provide work for miners in production of natural energy, including wind, wave and crystal power but emphasis on efficiency with artistic design of wind structures to be pramount.
- Keep plastic because I remember before, but make technology to make it go ‘pouf’ when no longer needed, and to especially dissolve in seawater.
And here is a biggie. Magically free up and expose thousands of patents held by oil and pharma companies that they have bought from inventors then buried until the oil runs out. Put these into production now, employing oil and relevant people who become redundant.
Build beautiful affordable housing, everywhere ; some in kit form (like Ikea) for self-assembly where possible. Provide free training in TAFE
Send a cloud over the planet to obliterate all non-essential drug use and reset all bodies to harmony. Also stop governments getting tax from drugs and tobacco so it is in their interest to use the drug antidotes they are holding..
Make all weapons vapourise, with enphasis on weapon manufacturing premises.
Finally, wipe discontent from the human psyche.
And one for today. Make all tax evasion to be viewed as theft from the community, to be replaced by pride in providing schools and hospitals, affordable housing and foor for the poor. If you are proud to earn it, be proud to pay it.
Note to self: Write one of Famous Letters to Chancellor and Prime Minister.
Right. Am I the only goddess or is there a spare god I dont have to magic up for myself.
It is lounging with grapes and chocolate time
Eek! Crucial! As a god all chocolate is healthy, non-fattening and free. Hey I like this job (tosses long blonde tresses, pouts luscious lips, and bats long eyelashes playfully.)